Milyon in the service of the excellence at Lyon—Saint-Étienne
The Université de Lyon gathers several high level universities and engineering schools (in particular, École Centrale de Lyon, INSA de Lyon, Université Lyon 1, Université Jean Monnet Saint-Étienne, partners of Milyon) and ENS de Lyon. The high quality programs attract numerous students, including foreign ones. By choosing one of the possibilities offered by the Lyon–Saint-Étienne area, these students contribute to the excellence of the programs. Through its scholarships, Milyon amplifies this ingoing mobility and enhances area’s attractiveness.
Milyon scholarships at a glance
The Excellence Laboratory Milyon offers Master or 3rd year (Bachelor level) scholarships of a net amount of 1 000 euros/month, for 10 months. The scholarships are renewable on an annual basis.
The main criterion in the evaluation of the applications is the excellence of academic records. English or French level skills (according to the language of the program) are also taken into account.
In addition to its regular scholarships program, Milyon can supplement (up to 1 000 euros/month for 10 months) partial support for studying in the Lyon–Saint-Étienne area.
Studying in Lyon: how much does it cost?
- 3rd year tuition: 184 euros/year
- Master program tuition: 256 euros/year
- Health insurance: 215 euros/year
- Housing: 200–400 euros/month
- Call for applications opens in October 2016
- Deadline for applications: January 11th 2017
- Results: around February 15th 2017
The evaluation process involves Milyon’s Training Commission, as well as the programs directors.
In the Advanced Mathematics and Fundamental Computer Science Master programs, Milyon scholarships parallel the Ampère scholarships of ENS de Lyon: candidates to these scholarships can apply at the same time to Milyon scholarships.
How to apply?
Candidates must upload the following documents:
- résumé (vitae) (at most 2 pages)
- motivation letter describing:
- their scientific interests and taste
- the matching between the program they apply for and the previous training
- their project
- scanned version of their academic results (all university years)
- description of the courses followed in 2016–2017
- two recommandation letters (one from their tutor in 2016–2017)
> To apply : complete the document
For the candidates following the CEF procedure
More about the B2 level in French: here