- 350 researchers in 17 research teams
- 1 Fields medalist
- 2 members of the French Academy of Sciences
- 3 European Research Council individual (ERC) grants
- 4 invited speakers at the International Congress of Mathematicians in 2014 (ICM2014 in South Korea).
- 8 members of the Institut Universitaire de France, which distinguishes each year a small number of university professors for the excellence of their research
Funding goes to:
- Campus LyonTech-La Doua (Villeurbanne)
- Campus Gerland (Lyon 7ème)
- Campus of Ecully
- Campus of Saint-Etienne
- Since the start of the LabEx, MILYON has funded 45 invited researchers and postdocs as well as 58 students. 42% of the visitors came from emerging countries.
- Top-level researchers have been invited for periods of time as long as 9 months.
- 4 Honoris causa doctorates
- 170 publications between 2010 and 2015
- 45 scientific conferences and events have so far been organized.
- 4 special events were organized in 2014 (ranging from 1 to 3 months)
2 new course programs were created:
- 2nd-year Master’s degree (M2) in “Mathematics in Action”
- 3rd year Licence (last year of Bachelor degree) course in advanced mathematics
- 10 000 hours with schoolchildren (elementary and secondary levels)
- About 5000 schoolchildren from 150 elementary and secondary classes attend MathαLyon workshops every year.
- 10 associations are partners of the House of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Some significant milestones and events:
From its establishment in October 2012, the House of Mathematics and Computer Science has launched activities in classroomsand has organized public lectures. It also participated in national scientific public events such as the Science Festival, the Week of Mathematics and the exhibition “Arts and Mathematics”.
March 2014: the House of Mathematics and Computer Science opened its doors to the general public.
5 November 2014: MILYON participated in the “Scientific Day at the University of Lyon”.
13 and 14 January 2015: MILYON LabEx presented its first midterm project report.